All auction sheets consist of two parts: one filled by car owner and the second part filled by auction car inspector.
Following sample of the part filled by the owner who exhibits his car to auction.
Requirements of JU Gifu auction
(1) Model year Please enter the year until the date of registration for the first year.
(2) 2WD / 4WD Please mark either one.
(3) Chassis Please enter the format from the exhaust gas regulation identification code.
(4) Color No Please enter the color number.
(5) Model year For foreign cars, the point is to enter the model year.
(6) Seating capacity In some cases, the seat shape can be known from the passenger capacity.
(7) Load capacity / total weight Please enter the load capacity / total weight of trucks, vans, etc.
(8) Selling point Please use equipment that functions normally.
(9) Navigation model number This item has a large number of preview requests.
(10) Later items Please remove the warranty card, instruction manual, and accessories from the car and fill in the item column at a later date.
(11) Recycling fee If the recycling fee is not entered, it will be treated as undeposited. Please be sure to fill it out.
(12) Exhibitor declaration column Please clearly describe defective parts, missing items, and precautions. (If there is a record book, the recorded contents, defective parts, etc.)
(13) For garage certification If the dimensions for garage certification are entered, we can
respond to immediate delivery.
(14) Desired block Please clearly enter the priority order of the desired blocks with numbers. If there is no block that is not in the desired exhibition block column, please use "Other".
(15) Plus guaranteed Please mark ○ when listing with a plus guarantee. (Paid, limited to target corners)
(16) Exhibitor name Please enter the JU Gifu AA membership number, exhibitor store name, telephone number, etc.
(17) Price Please be sure to enter the start price even if the price is adjusted in the adjustment room of the venue on the day of the auction.
All pre-used vehicles in Japan undergo an extensive inspection before a car auction begins. The rating for the vehicles is displayed on a Japanese car auction sheet, which is prepared by professional inspectors hired by auction houses.
The car auction sheet is completed after a full mechanical inspection. During the testing phase, the interior and exterior parts of the vehicle are graded based on a set of standards. Aside from the grades of the vehicle, the Japanese car auction sheet also displays the inspector’s explanation for the grades awarded to the vehicle, along with a grade for its overall condition.
Japanese auction sheets contain the following information:
Exhibition lot number
Auction grading of the car
Car registration year and month
Body-colour and colour code
Fuel type [Gasoline, diesel, CNG, PNG, LPG]
Local dealers’ vehicle or privately imported car
Number of passengers [ based on the documents]
Type of air condition
Vehicle dimension [Width/Length/Height]
Inspectors independent report
Payload capacity [truck, pick up, van ]
The previous type of ownership [ private, rental, business ]
OVERALL EXTERIOR GRADE
GRADE S - The car is on sale within 12 months from the first registration date. Mileage is less than 10,000km. Condition is excellent. GRADE 6 - The vehicle is within 36 months period from the first registration date and has maximum 30.000 km mileage. Almost brand new condition. GRADE 5 - The vehicle has some minor scratches and tiny dents. Maximum mileage is 50.000 km. Exterior and interior are in a very neat condition. GRADE 4.5 - The vehicle"s mileage does not excess 100.000 km. Exterior and interior condition do not require any extra maintenance or cleaning. GRADE 4 - Vehicle with a maximum mileage of 150,000km. The exterior might have some scratches and tiny dents. Interior is usually clean, but some of the cars might need cleaning and fixing of small torn areas or cigarette burn marks. In general, the vehicle might need minor repair. GRADE 3.5 - This grade is an average condition car, with noticeable scratches and dents. It might require later panel work or painting. It may have some stains inside, cigarette burn holes, or require some repair. GRADE 3 - This grade requires a very careful look, usually, it has many visible scratches, paint blemishes, and/or large dents. It requires major panel and/or paintwork. Interior might have multiple stains or cigarette wholes. GRADE 2 - Very bad condition, major dents and scratches, chassis or core support have severe rust, corrosion or wholes. GRADE 1 - Accident cars, salvage vehicles. Cars that need complete fixing or have major technical problems. GRADES R/RA/0 - These grades depend on the auction house own grading , please contact us for clarification. In general, R stands for repair, the exterior is in an average condition after repair had been done. GRADE ***/-/0/無効 - These cars displayed as they are, NOT inspected cars, sold as they are. GRADE 0 - Depending on the auction hall, grade 0 might be a fixed car or not graded car, please contact us for clarification.
AW - alloy wheels
CP - wheel covers
Aero - aero parts
3D/5D - doors
HR - High roof
HID - High-intensity discharge lamps
RS - Rear spoiler
A1 - Thumb size, hardly visible
A2 - Palm size scratch on the paint
А4 - Scratches more than 20 см
А5 - Scratches that need to be painted
B1/B2/B3 - a dent with a scratch
E1 - barely visible dent
E2 - few dents, barely visible
E3 - many visible dents
U1 - pin dents
U2 - a visible dent
U3 - 2 a palm-size dent
TORN AREAS SIGNS
Y1 - A tear which is the size of a thumb.
Y2 - A tear which is the size of a palm.
Y3 - A tear which is more than size Y2.
S1, S2, S3 - Rust from small to sever
C1, C2, C3 - Corrosion from small to severe with a whole (sign 穴)
WAVY AREAS SIGNS
W1 - A panel which has been repaired slightly, and is in good condition.
W2 - A panel which has been repaired slightly, and has a slight wave.
W3 - A panel which has been repaired and has a conspicuous wave.
P or H - Paint faded
X - A panel which needs to be replaced.
! - Tender / Lease auctions use this sign for replaced parts.
XX - A panel which has been replaced.
X1/ H1/G - small stone chip on the front window up 1 to cm
R - a crack on the front glass, stone chip/crack has been fixed
RX - crack on the front glass, needs replacement
· INTERIOR GRADES
GRADE A - a very clean condition without stains, may have burnt areas or scratches
GRADE B - clean condition, the previous owner took good care of the interior
GRADE C - Interior needs some cleaning, may have small stains or cigarette burnt holes
GRADE D - The interior is not clean, must be cleaned or restored, may have some holes or cut areas
GRADE E – This grade needs complete interior restoration
· INTERIOR indicators
PS – Power steering
PW – Power window
AAC /AC/ – Automatic or non-automatic air conditioning
AB, SRS, WAB – Airbag types
AT, FA, FAT, IAT, CA, CAT, CVT, ICVT - Automatic transmissions
MT, F5, 5C, 5SPD/6F/6 – Manual transmission
NAVI, GPS – Navigation
ST/CD / MD /TV - Music and video equipment
革, レザー, カワ, LS – Leather seats
SR, サンルーフ – Sunroof
· TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION
LPG, CNG, LNG – Gas fuel types
ABS – Anti-lock braking
AFS – Adaptive Front light System
LSD - Limited slip differential
EVC – Electric Vehicle Car
TRC, TCS - Traction Control System (TRC)
2WD/4WD – Drivetrain type, two/four-wheel drive
· SPECIAL INDICATORS
$ or *,# - these signs represent the changed mileage, tempered odometer or odometer change
改 - ( kai mark ) – This sign represents modification done by previous owners, for example:
- Additional horsepower, multiple aftermarket parts, extra equipment and engine modifications
- After-market suspension, seats, steering wheel etc.
- Mission modification, the original AT mission converted to a manual transmission.
Passenger cars, Vans, Trucks
- The previous owner has converted fuel from gasoline to LPG or CNG gas
- Removal of seats and instalment of special purpose equipment such as ambulance or camping car.
· JAPANESE 平成 CALENDAR CONVERSION
In Japan, the registration year is indicated on all documents, NOT the actual Manufacture date /MFDT/. Please pay attention, the registration date might differ from actual Manufacture /MFDT/ date on the belt. Japanese year calculation— 2018 is the year 30 of the Heisei (平成) era, from 8 January 1989 to the present. Please pay attention to the registration and actual manufacture date when calculating your import tariffs and local registration fees.